SKY VISION ANNOUNCES TRUE NORTH PROGRAMME LINE UP
TO BE SHOWCASED AT MIPTV 2017
Sky Vision, the international distribution and production arm of Sky, today announces it will be taking five new True North titles to MIPTV. The news is the first development in the relationship with the UK production company, following the acquisition of a majority stake in January 2017.
The five new programmes that will showcased at MIPTV are:
- Climbing The Property Ladder (6 x 60): a factual entertainment series following people as they put their cash, and plently of blood, sweat and tears, into property developing, all for the hope of profit at the end. The series has aired on Channel 5 (UK) and is a co-production with GroupM Entertainment.
- Park Life (8 x 60): set against a backdrop of some of England’s most beautiful landscapes, the show follows a range of characters all lucky enough to live in the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales, documenting their everyday life, including the difficulties that come from remote, rural living. The show was originally a production for More 4 (UK).
- A1: Highway Patrol (15 x 60): a high volume factual series for BBC One filmed on the UK’s longest road. Millions of people use it every day, and it takes an army of people to keep it moving – from police traffic officers, to Highways patrol teams, to specialist CCTV units. The series charts their daily struggle to keep everyone safe and the highway moving.
- Mystery of the Man on the Moor: a one-hour feature documentary revealing the strange and baffling story of an unknown man found dead on Saddleworth Moor in the north of England with no ID and no obvious cause of death. The show previously aired on Channel 4 (UK).
- First Day At Big School: a one-off documentary which peeks inside the lives of 4-year-olds as they embark on the biggest journey of their lives to date – the first day at school. The documentary previously aired on Channel 5 (UK).
Commenting on the news, Barnaby Shingleton, Director of Entertainment and Factual, Sky Vision said: “The distribution team at Sky Vision is really excited about our new relationship with True North and it’s great that we can kick it off with such a great catalogue of new programmes. True North has a fantastic reputation for producing strong factual singles and series, and we’ll be working closely together to ensure that their content reaches the widest audience possible.”
Marc Allen, Managing Director, True North, said: “It’s great to get our relationship with Sky Vision off to such a strong start with these titles. Big series and high quality single films have always been in the DNA of True North and so this is a perfect slate to set the tone for our collaboration going forward.”
In January 2017, following the acquisition, Sky Vision become the exclusive distributor for all of True North’s wholly owned programmes. True North is known for creating some of the most popular factual entertainment shows and formats, with other hits including The Lie Detective, A New Life in the Sun and Building the Dream.
Do you need @therealgokwan’s help to find that perfect dress for your big day? 👗 If so see below! 👇 https://t.co/kLT21cANLl
Back to news